
When we last met our heroines, they were adapting to Gryffindor extroverts and pride culture...
I still haven't managed to participate in my Pride as much as I'd like. Even so, I'm enjoying getting notifications to collect my Chocolate Frog Cards and badges. There certainly are lots of tags and events to keep track of but doing so means you get a badge for every thing you do. Yay, badges! It kind of feels like getting a sticker on your graded homework. Sigh. I miss the days of collecting stickers. Now I don't have to miss those days because today is the day of badges for everything!
Yes, the badges have been fun -- especially since only Gryffindors get collectible Chocolate Frogs! -- but all the tracking is leaving me a little confused. At the beginning of term I was asked to declare a goal number for my total yarn usage, and I was absolutely flummoxed as to both why it was necessary and how I would even begin to know what was right for me! I understand tracking one's points (obvs), but why track yardage? Maximizing class bonus points? Maybe. I'll go along with it... For The Mantel!
What have we learned so far?
- In a departure from previous terms, this term's Gryffindor pride groupings are named after a type of dragon, rather than a type of candy? The deal with that: we're dragontrainers. Each pride gets a baby dragon to train. It's pretty serious business (srs bidness).
- The Marauder's Mission challenges for this term are similar to Ravenclaw moonpaths and prefect challenges, but they take the pledge-a-point-total concept a bit further by introducing a group challenge aspect. Deathly Hallows Missions allow for group pledges in points, yardage, and storytelling to inspire maximum pride in one's efforts at Hogwarts.
- Apparently there's usually Bingo, and the WIP the First detention challenge, and something called Trolley Treats... all of these are absent in Gryffindor this term, so if you want to know more, that research is on you. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment