Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Phoenix Pheature: Cast On!

I'm loving the Rosebud shawl already and it's only the beginning!  HSpoon and I are both using bright red laceweight, because of course we are, and my yarn is a merino/silk blend -- a welcome change from the monster cowl's Allergen Central experience.


Triangular lace shawls without beading are my wheelhouse, so it's just zipping along, being awesome and cheery and just what I need for such a short, cold month!  I grabbed some US6 needles by mistake (I thought they were US4s but NOPE); fingers crossed I don't run out of yarn.

I'm very excited to finally be starting this shawl. I've owned the pattern for a couple years and have had it in the back of my mind as something I wanted to make eventually. Well now the time has finally come. I love my yarn choice, Misti Alpaca Lace in the color lipstick. The yarn is lovely to touch and the color is lovely to see. It's a win-win!

 

Webchat cast on -- FOR THE MANTEL!

No comments:

Post a Comment