Wednesday, January 14, 2015

WIPs Wednesday: January Edition

Winter blechs and various sicknesses have hit Chez Cyprienne, so things are all thrown off every which way!  The hooded cape is ready for the crazy beaded knitted-on edging; I'm terrifically scared about it -- much more than I should be, considering I've done similar things before -- and the only way I can hope to feel better about it is watching Downton Abbey and marathoning Gilmore Girls.


 
 
bad lighting makes for pretty colors / winding skein 5 of 7
Lemongrass Fluted Cowl is at 6" and holding -- it could be that I'm allergic...
or maybe the pattern moves me to openly weeping with its simple elegance.
Anything's possible?  I do really like the pattern.
An apple a day will stop me from wheezing?

Life, well life for me has been busier than expected. Busy in a good way. :) This has led to a delay in the whole, frog and start over on the NEWT cape plan. I am, however, almost done with the Fluted Cowl. At this point in time, my plan is to quickly finish the cowl over the next day or two then frog and re-cast on the NEWT. Once I start over on my NEWT, I plan to make some serious headway before casting on any other projects this month. By the way, I'm really enjoying the cowl pattern. It's simple enough that it's easy to memorize but interesting enough that it's not boring. It's been incredibly cold where I live which is why I've been in a big rush to finish the cowl as opposed to working on my NEWT.

The NEWT that's full of errors. 
(Please excuse the scrape on my hand.)

The Fluted Cowl that's almost finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment