Several years ago, I knit a cowl. I used itchy, 100% wool yarn and it felt like it took me forever to knit because it was a boring pattern. Don't get me wrong. It was warm but I didn't enjoy wearing it. I received compliments, but didn't enjoy wearing it. And I like to knit hats. Hats in all sorts of colors but couldn't wear my favorite hats on the coldest days because they don't match my one, hand-knit cowl. And so I was excited when Cyprienne and I decided to knit the Fluted Cowl for our January KAL. I decided to search for soft, warm yarn in a neutral color that would go with any of my winter coats and any of my winter hats. I'm very pleased with my yarn of choice: Madelinetosh A.S.A.P. in Farmhouse White. And so far I really like this pattern. It's knitting up quickly since it uses super bulky yarn and the pattern is interesting enough not to be boring but also easy to memorize. For me, it's the perfect project to work on while watching movies or during my public transportation commute. I can't wait to finish this cowl so I can start wearing it.



So I like cowls -- cowls are not shawls (which hold my heart, deeply and abidingly), but they can get the job done, especially on the job. More importantly, cowls are perfect for me to use up a.n.c.i.e.n.t stash, since cowls are meant to be squooshy and generally use heavier-weight yarns, and all my new stash is laceweight and laceweight-adjacent.
Enter Lemongrass:
Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in colorway Lemongrass
It's not at all fancy and won't win any beauty contests, but it's striking and it's cozy and it's been hanging around for like five years... time to be useful, Lemongrass! I think five hundred yards of Lemongrass leaving my stash is an excellent way to start the new year. :)
Casting on while webchatting - almost 200 stitches!
No comments:
Post a Comment